Okay, a minor update to Planitia. Click here to download.
* The game should no longer crash when you try to create a golem.
* “Skirmish Mode” has been renamed “Single Player”
* The second mouse pointer has been eliminated.
* Single player mode now pits you against one enemy AI instead of three. This should make it easier to play as well as help with performance until I can get some optimizations in.
* More logging to help find other crashers.
Again, please feel free to try it out. I’m trying to get the game looking as professional as I can with the resources I’ve got; if you want to make suggestions feel free, either in the comments or by emailing me at email@example.com.
Finally I found the reason behind bad performance. Disabling anti-virus real-time scanning fixed the performance and I was able to play game with a good response times and I really enjoyed it. Some spells could use so tweaking because they felt too low for their mana cost. And it is possible to use spells when the buttons are grayed out. E.g. when I have nice mana income I can select earth quake and click few times quickly in enemy base to make a much better ground distortion than meteor or even volcano can make.
Hi Viridian, your game looks great. Gonna try it right now. Keep the good work 🙂