So Steam has this new thing on Greenlight called Concepts. It allows you to get your game in front of the Steam community. It doesn’t help you get your game greenlit, but it’s also free, and free is about all I can afford now.
I want Planitia up there. The majority of people I’ve told about the game have been very encouraging; I want to gauge that reaction on a wider scale. With the hope that I might be able to roll into a Kickstarter or something similar if there’s enough interest.
Well, according to Steam, to put up my game I should have:
- A square branding image (similar to a box cover) to represent the game in lists and search
- At least 1 video showing off the game or presenting your concept
- At least 4 screenshots or images
- A written description of the game along with the tentative system requirements.
That seems simple enough. Of course, I can’t do anything to promote the game (really) until I get the temp art I’ve been using out. (Icons from Populous II are a leetle too easy to spot, you know?)
So, in addition, here’s what I feel I need to get Planitia in visible shape:
- Get animated villagers in.
- Swap out in-game icons for the god powers and soldiers for ones either I’ve created or (better) are free.
- Get rocks and trees in (fortunately I already have these models).
My deadline for this is end-of-day Monday. By then I want this game up on Concepts. I’ll be blogging the process. Wish me luck.