After a whole lot of work last weekend (and a lot of help from Ryan) I finally managed to get Planitia’s frame rate up and keep it up even when terrain morphing.

As much as I would have liked to put terrain.cpp to bed, I wanted to do two more things – make the terrain look less tiled, and make the water look more interesting.

So I did.

Look!  Blue mercury!

And I updated the demo so that anyone who wants to try it out can. Performance should be greatly improved, but there’s no new functionality (yet).

Now I need A* on the General. After that, no added features should really impact the frame rate. In theory.

I still feel I’m on track to have the first playable alpha version out by the end of August.