Lots of games like to introduce a group of Guys In Charge – whether it be a corporation, police force or government. The Guys In Charge are powerful. They control everything. They can be overt or shadowy. And it’s almost always the fate of the protagonist to defeat them.
Here are 10 groups of authoritative administrations. Can you name the games they come from?
1. Shinra Corporation
2. Civil Protection
3. World Economic Consortium
5. The Alpha Sections
7. Majestic 12
8. Ultor Corporation
9. The Royal Family of Arulco
10. Cruiser Tetron
Good luck and have fun! If you win, I’ll paint the walls with your blood! Unless you don’t want me to. Your choice.
hm, don’t know much of this list…
1. Final Fantasy (7 and Crisis Core, maybe there’s more, not sure)
9. Jagged Alliance
i think i may have been playing the wrong games for this list
Correct! And almost correct!
5 is Beyond Good and Evil, otherwise no idea.
2. Half-life 2
7. Deus Ex? At least one of the corps in there, I believe this was in other games too?
9. Jagged Alliance 2
7. Correct! While there were lots of factions, MJ12 was the one currently in control of the Deus Ex world.
9. Correct! That Queen Deidranna…I thoroughly enjoyed putting a bullet in her head.
Technically incorrect! In Syndicate, EuroCorp is just one of the syndicates trying to take over the world.
3. Crusader: no remorse and no regret
4. Eurocorp Syndicate? Syndicate Wars
5. Beyond Good & Evil
7. Deus Ex
8. Saints Row2
9. Jagged Alliance
10. Hero Core (indie Metrovanias FOREVER!)
You already said that 4. is not syndicate, but I have fond memories of playing as a Eurocorp executive, with their chip in my brain! I think it should count…
4. Syndicate Wars was the game where EuroCorp controlled the world, xo that’s the correct answer, not the original Syndicate. But still, correct!
8. Correct! I would have also accepted Red Faction 1 or 2, as the same corporation appears there as well.
And I think that’s the list. Oh, wait, nope, nobody’s gotten 6 yet. It’s a bit evil.
P.S. once we inevetably get #6, I would prefer to not have my blood spattered on a wall. My blood and I have a happy relationship with it inside my body. Thanks.
I think I just figured it out. I KNEW “Meggido” sounded familar, but then I was reminded that there is a shadowy group in Splinter Cell: Convictions called “Megiddo”
That’s it, isn’t it?
Correct! The list is complete!
Phew, you technically won’t paint walls with my blood.