Remember that interview I went on a few weeks ago, to Florida? You know, the one I was sure I bombed?
Well, they called back and made me an offer.
This…should be Happy Times, but it’s not yet. For one thing, it took them about a week to actually get me the offer letter, which I sent back last week. Now they are running a background check on me, and presumably, if I pass, they’ll finish the hire. I don’t even know what my start date might be yet.
I wanted to wait until I knew for sure before saying anything, but at this point it could be another week before I know for certain that the hire will go through.
Of course, even if this does go through we still have the problem of getting down to Florida. We’re hoping that our tax return might help out a bit with regards to that; we’ll see.
Still, it’s a possibility. One that would not only get me working again, but would get us out of Detroit.
Wish us luck.