So I’ve created a personal blog. “But Anthony!” I hear you cry. “We thought this was your personal blog! It even says so on the About Me page!”
That’s the thing…I’ve sort of used this as a hybrid blog – talking about technical subjects when I wanted and then posting cute stories about my kids. The problem is that the two don’t really go together…and I’m trying to customize this blog to be as much use to budding game developers and potential employers as possible. Thus, the personal stuff goes to anthonysalter.com, on a blog which I’ve dubbed GameDevDad.
So what stays?
* Obviously all of my hardcore game development articles like Practical Direct3D Programming and Pix will stay here. You won’t find articles like that on anthonysalter.com.
* All of my games will stay here.
* My professional resume and contact info will stay here.
* Name That Game! stays, because often I use it to make a point about game design or game history.
* Writeups on game developers (like the one I did on Jeff Vogel) will stay here.
On the other hand…
* I won’t be mentioning my family or my various health problems here after this post.
* Let’s Play Starflight will be on GameDevDad hereforth.
* Be aware that I’ll be breaking PSRD much more often on GameDevDad than I did here; heck, that’s one of the reasons I’m making the site. If you’re afraid that by reading about my personal beliefs you might discover something about me that causes you not to like me any more, you should probably stay here.
And it’s entirely possible that some articles will get crossposted.
I look forward to the new website dude. ^^
I’m starting to think you’d like to be able to use this site as a kinda “further reading” for possible job applications. I’ve always made it a point to do what you want to do now, but I understand that when Important Things Happen its something you might want to share with people it may affect. If you think you’re bad, I’ll just go ahead and point you to mrfun’s blog and end it here.